The word “Muckleshoot,” as related to me by Pastor Charlotte Williams, means ‘nose’, or high point. The original word was likely “Buklshuhls”, and probably designated a lookout point, somewhere between the White and Green Rivers, in Washington state.
The backstory of the First people in this area is quite fascinating, and being on the land at the Muckleshoot Pentecostal church, was a real honor. Thanks go out to YOU, for praying and supporting our awesome team! We were able to do several sessions of worship, and enjoyed getting to know our brothers and sisters in the Lord, just a little bit more. Please pray for more open doors for these worship & prayer gatherings, as we look to partner with others for breakthrough!
Highlights from the trip:
- Seeing different folks come forward and enthusiastically speak Scripture over the land, in concert with the worship music, praying and asking the Lord to come and move among the people! They were so faithful!
- Reconnecting with friends I’ve been blessed to make in recent years.
- Watching a little girl worship the Lord with her grand mom, and seeing how much she just loved it, was super precious. Truly, ‘out of the mouths of babes’, will come the worship of the Lord!!
- Being able to speak to the youth, and encourage them that we need them and what they bring to the church! This was a brief encounter with about 10 kids, but it was such an unexpected delight!
- And just being with our amazing and seasoned team…always a pleasure: Thanks Victoria, Julie, Marta, Jeff, David, and Eric!!
Thanks also for praying for the First Nations Leadership Summit I attended in Oroville, CA, mid-February. Again, the highlight for me, was seeing many friends, hearing how they are doing, and just giving or receiving a hug. Special thanks go out to Linda Coffey, for hanging with me, and helping me out with my ‘semi-sprained’ ankle.
Quick prayer update: We’ve taken a few hits with recent repairs for the Mexico trucks. The Lord always provides, but if you’ve considered giving, now would be a great time!
We love you guys and are so, so thankful for you! Love Wayne & Carol